Entertainment Weekly had the exclusive list of the new characters we will be seeing next season on Game of Thrones. For fans of the show, many of these names have very little bearing at this point in time. However, long time fans of the the books are very excited at who will be introduced come next spring
No casting decisions as of yet, but here they are:
Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
David Benioff and Dan Weiss have talked about some of the creative changes they have had to make translating from book to screen, specifically in that they have the largest cast on television. Speaking as someone who has read through the entire series to date, there are times where I get caught up in the who’s who of Westeros. So much so that when my dad calls me on Mondays to break down the latest episode, I get a little turned around.